Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So Much News!



O.K. This is why you should write often, and not wait till you have "so much news". So much has happened that I am afraid that this will get rather long, but hang in there, it is worth it.
1. We loved Conference! I especially enjoyed Sister Beck and Elders Fallabella and Costa. For those of you who didn't see it, Pres. Hinkley bonked Pres. Eyering on the head with his cane after he took his new seat. Hilarious! I love Pres. Hinkley. Dallin had a great time with us at conference and visiting our good friends Julia and Howdy Whipple. Their boys just love Dallin. Darrin and I then went to Park City for a business meeting. It was Beautiful! Real Autumn with leaves of every color. Amazing. One funny story....Julia and I went out for breakfast on our last day together. We went to a family owned cafe called Doug and Emmy's. There were very busy and short-handed so we asked Emmy if she would like our help. She said Really, do you mean it? We bussed tables and sat guests and served drinks for about an hour until they got caught up. It was a hoot. Emmy gave us breakfast and two large plates of cinnamon rolls to take home. As we were leaving she asked if we were LDS, when we said yes, she said I knew it. She was not a member.

2. Now the other exciting news...Dallin is officially going on a mission. He finished his interviews and paperwork this weekend and it goes out tonight. (Tues) Pres. Herrington says he should have a call in three weeks.
I am a little freaked out, but really excited for him. So check out the poll and vote on where you think he will go. Emily won Chris's by choosing Mozambique. Weird. His call will come here at our house and we will wait anxiously for him to come and open it. Wahoo!!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like so much fun.....dallin looks cute in his mission picture. I want to go to conference! You are too sweet to help out at that restaurant....I'll see you this weekend.

Ryan said...

We are excited for you Dallin! What a great time for you! We both enjoy thinking about our missions and what we learned and experienced. Truly, one of the best things in life.
We love seeing these family blogs. We may start one of our own. We surely spend enough time on the computer. hehe.

- Ryan and Jennie

Unknown said...

You mention Howdy Whipple in your blog. I believe that Howdy was one of the missionaries that taught me when he was serving in the San Antonio Texas Mission. I would love to get his email address and see how he is doing. If this is the correct Howdy Whipple (how many of them could there be?) please ask him if he knows a Ted Kitch and if you could give him my email address of tedkitch(at)tedsgarage.com.

Thanks,

Unknown said...

Marcie, Can please tell me how to get a hold of Julia and Howdy? My wife grew up with Julia down in Silver City, New Mexico.

Thanks you very much,

Rob and Jody Sierra

...physically and mentally!