Sunday, November 7, 2010

Funny, Funny, Mother

Today is my Mother's 82nd birthday....she died two and a half years ago and I still miss her everyday.
I have been going through my mom's recipes and found some really great ones to share....
Happy Birthday Mom.

This was something mom made all the time...I loved this stuff...she served it in the colored cupcake cups.

 This one she made for Christmas most years...it was a complicated process, but sooo yummy...I think Nona makes this now...I haven't tried to do it yet.
 This was just funny.  I found this just as it is...edited...I remember she would call this "Better than Robert Redford Cake"...you can fill in the cut out section however you want.
There was one more that wouldn't scan...it went just like this....
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
                                                   Melt dipping chocolate...dip pretzels in.

...that was all there was on it's own 3X5 card in the recipe box...funny, funny mother.....love you Mom.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

oh Marcie. It made me cry to see her handwriting again. Happy birthday grandma.

Cara said...

You almost made me cry seeing all those recipes in her own writing. I still miss them everyday too.

Leah said...

awww....I love the better than #$% cake cut out...thanks for scanning these in for us

...physically and mentally!