Thursday, April 3, 2008

I NEED TO LEARN TO SAY NO!

For those of you who don't know, I am the director of the Varsity Scout Triathlon held in our valley every year (18 and counting). After spending such a relaxing time in Mexico, not worrying about anything, the reality of the event is weighing heavily. It is April 18th and 19th in Pima. We were at EAC for all the previous years, but they had to close their pool, so.....It has been like starting over. I have great staff members that ease the stress, but with over 1,000 participants (latest count) I don't stop stressing until it is over. Last year we had an unexpected storm that brought freezing temps and 40 mph winds. Yikes! The show goes on though. Only serious lightning can stop us. Most of the racers come from the Phx area. It is a huge deal to them. They prepare all year and really get into it. Some of them get into it too much. hehe The race consists of a 200 meter swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run. This year we have added a rock climbing wall and a Life Flight helicopter to entertain the boys during the down time. Should be fun. I will be CRAZY for the next two weeks, so I am not responsible for anything I do or don't do until it is over. This first picture is of my great nephew Dylan, after the swim.

1 comment:

jeaniebug said...

people that do that for FUN are crazy!

...physically and mentally!