Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LAST ONE FOR A LONG TIME!

Grandma Thelma Carpenter died this week after living 100+ years. Having 3 deaths in our family in 8 months is not something I would have ever chosen, but it has been ok. It takes a lot of effort to help someone leave this world. And then you get to plan the party. Putting together a funeral is a lot of work. I am exhausted. We joked with the mortuary about getting frequent flyer miles. No go. But they bend over backwards to get us anything we want. They are great. The funeral is friday morning at 10:00. Darrin and I are going on a "business" trip and fly out of Phoenix at 3:50 the same day. It will be frantic. It seems like that is how our life goes. Everything crams itself into the same week. After we get back, we have the Varsity Scout Triathlon. Darrin is the starting line chairman and I am the director. After that is Girls Camp. We are the head cooks. After that......I hope there is nothing. This is a picture of Grandma and my sisters at her 100th birthday party in December.

No comments:

...physically and mentally!