Monday, March 2, 2009

Chicken Update

I know you are dying to know about my chickens......Well, no eggs yet. It should be soon. All the info I read says between 4-6 months and they are 5 months old. Aren't they huge?! Remember Amelia? She is the one that thinks she is a parrot. Here she is again on my shoulder. She actually got my earing this time and I had to retrieve it. We have fenced off the back part of the yard for them so they don't get into my grass and garden. I only have onions planted so far, but potatoes, zucchini, peas, tomatoes, asparagus, and squash are all around the corner. When the chickens get into the garden they scratch everything up. It makes me want to have fried chicken for dinner when they do that. I have worked too hard on my garden to let a bunch of birds dig it up. GRRRRR! I have lovely daffodils and crocuses in the front yard blooming. It seems kind of
early so I hope we don't have a late freeze. Ta Ta

3 comments:

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

The saga of the Gordon chickens. I love it.

Destiny said...

Allie still talks about seeing the chickens on her "field trip." As she tells it there is apparently only one nice chicken.

Wolfingtons said...

That is the wierdest pirate I have ever seen. Arrrr!

...physically and mentally!