Sunday, November 1, 2009

FALLBACK!

For the first time in my life, I am setting the clocks back throughout my house for the end of Daylight Savings Time. So I woke up at my usual 4:30 this morning and now I realize that it is really 3:30. That is fake time though, just on paper (or just on clock), cuz it is really the same time we are just trying to fake that we have more or less time in every day. SO WEIRD, and stupid, if you ask me. Nobody asks me, of course, so I am setting all my clocks back an hour this morning. One nice thing about it is that now it is only 2 hours different from AZ instead of 3. So when Emily calls at 9:00 her time it will only be 11:00 here. Yeah!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

The original theory behind daylight savings time was that with an extra hour of daylight in the evening, people would use an hour less electricity to light their houses. But a recent study in Indiana, where each county used to decide whether to be on daylight savings time or not and then the whole state switched to DST, showed that DST actually uses MORE energy. The theory for the increased energy use is that people leave their air conditioning off while they're at work so with DST they have an extra hour of air conditioning in the evening. But personally I like DST because it gives me an extra hour of light to go boating after work in the summer. :)

Rachel Marie said...

We didn't even think about daylight savings time! We were all ready for church an hour early before we figured it out. Good thing we have cell phones that change automatically. The point is a i know how you feel!

Emily Gordon said...

It's like cutting the top off a blanket, sewing it to the bottom, and saying the blanket is now longer. ??? I'm glad we don't have to worry about it. :)

...physically and mentally!