Monday, October 26, 2009

BOSTON

We took a road trip to Boston this weekend. The weather driving up and back was great, but the weather on saturday was wet and cold. Such is the Gordon Luck. Oh well, it didn't slow us down too much. The farther away from home we drove the more brilliant the fall colors were. The reds and oranges were amazing. We went to a cranberry farm and picked our own berries. They had already flooded the bog and gathered the berries the day before, but they let us pick the edges that didn't get dislodged by the machines. It was really pretty there. They had a haunted corn field, but we decided we didn't want to do that. The next morning we went to the U.S.S. Constitution in Boston..... and then took a ferry over to Long Wharf and downtown. We went to the Old State House and Fannuil Hall. There was a street performer who was pretty funny. We wanted to go to the New England Aquarium, but the line to get in was way LONG. So we went back to the Navy Yard in Charlestown and went to a museum instead. We had a few firsts in the food category. Jesse and Darrin and I had some fried clams. They were good as long as you couldn't see the the little slimy clams sticking out of the breading. EW! We also had a Whoopie Pie. I had heard of these, but never actually seen one. They are HUGE!!!! We divided it into 4 and shared it. We found a really pretty rest area in Connecticut on the way home and took some pics and video. The wind was blowing and leaves were swirling everywhere. Very New English.. Wish you all could have been there. At the Cranberry Farm.

4 comments:

SaraBerry said...

What a fun trip! It looks like it was cold! How are you doing with that? I am nervous about going back to ABQ, and it doesn't get that cold there. I guess that you get use to it. You and your family look great! Tell them "Hello"

Leah said...

Very Newenglish...I am jealous! I am so glad you are having fun adventures out there!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

I'm green / red / yellow / orange... with envy. Liz and I just went on a little desert hike an I looked around at the saaaaame color. Don't get me wrong... the desert is pretty, but I'm ready to see some color! :-)

Emily Gordon said...

Tell those leaves to not leave until I get there! haha! Maybe thats how they got their name... :)

...physically and mentally!