Monday, October 20, 2008

NO CAMERA!

I, like Jill, am so sad that I didn't have my camera last Thursday. Darrin had called Dennis Palmer and asked if Dad could ride on his HUGE cotton picker the next time he was out. So...thursday morning Dennis calls and says he is on North Barney Ln. does Dad want to come? Does Dad WANT to come!!!??? Duh! So, we race out there and put him in the cab with Dennis (after climbing up the 10 ft. ladder) and buckle him in the jump seat. This was a 6 row, $165,000 machine with a/c, stereo, computerized controls, etc. He looked like a kid at DisneyLand. And I didn't have my camera. I think he will ride again sometime during the picking season, so my camera is in my car. He also enjoyed the weekend bachelor party. All the BOYS had a good time. Dad had requested some good old Mom food, so I did my best to make the meals like she did. They had flat enchiladas with a fried egg on top, BLT's minus the L and plus C (cheese) and potato/onion soup. Michael and Blake have never heard of enchiladas that way before. Where had they been? Dad eats so much better when he is eating familiar comfort food. Mom sure spoiled him rotten! Brooks took Dad to the mortuary and Dad picked out a headstone for mom's gravesite. It won't be ready by Thanksgiving, but a template will be available for viewing.

3 comments:

Janiel said...

i wish i could have seen grandpas face.

Colt and Emilee said...

Marci! What's goin' on!...Obviously a lot! ... This is the former Emilee Hughes, now Emilee Pini...your kids are so big! Wow! It's just fun to see what you guys are up to! I love your blog! ...Just wanted to say hi!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Yeah, those pictures would have been great. I'm glad he had such a fun time. I'll bed he would have chose that over a trip to the moon.

...physically and mentally!