Thursday, October 30, 2008

25


We lost a chick overnight. I think it got under the mob and suffocated. Sad. Well, I guess we should be prepared for that. Anyway, the rest are one week old and already getting their wing feathers. They are very active and HUNGRY all the time. We will definately be reducing the flock before they are fully grown. Anyone interested? Our coop is coming along nicely. I think it will be too small if end up with 25 adult hens. Yikes. On a side note. I thought you might like to know what I do every evening at 5:00. I teach Swim Aerobics at EAC. The pool is sort of heated and has a solar cover, but the temp is only 78 degrees and the sun sets just after the class begins. I have 2 dedicated students still braving the cold. It is such great exercise without the jarring of gravity. Several of my students have lost 5 or more pounds from the class alone. It also pays me a little money to splurge on Christmas. My class officially ends Nov. 6th and I get my check Nov. 7. Great huh.

1 comment:

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

oh boy, that picture brings back a flood of memories from swimming there what seems like a lifetime ago. That was my Sandlot pool! :-)

...physically and mentally!