Monday, February 16, 2009

Still in the hospital

My last entry about dad said he was doing better. A lot has happened since then. On Saturday the hospital called me and said to come right away. Dad had crashed and they were intubating him and flying him to Tucson. He has been there for 9 days on the ventilator. Today they are going to do a tracheotomy and see if it will help him breath on his own easier. He has been sedated for most of the week, only awake in the mornings so they can see if he can breath on his own. He has not been able to do that at all. I am heading over there again Tuesday and hopefully he will be doing better so he can take charge of his life again. He is very weak and agitated, so they have given him some morphine for his discomfort. He responds when I talk to him, but usually just a raise of his eyebrows. His face is frowning most of the time. It is hard to see him this way and we are going to have to be tough to get through this rough part. I will try to update again soon.

1 comment:

JGP said...

Marcie,
My sister Julie just told me about Ken. I'm very sorry for your loss but I know that he must have been very sad about losing Leona for the past several months. Even though he was my foster dad for a short time, he was wonderful to me...not to mention Sophie. Please accept my condolences from my family to yours.

Judy Gorman-Prow
(Soph's sister)

...physically and mentally!