Friday, October 2, 2009

12,12,12, TWELVE!

My Jesse is turning 12 next week.....TWELVE!!!!! I can hardly believe it. He was just a baby, right?! He is still mostly a cuddly, happy, sweet, funny, loving kid. I hate for him to grow up and out of most of that. His school is having a Halloween party/dance and I told him he will be old enough to go....he looked at me like I was crazy and said. "Mom, I don't want to go!" I asked him was it because he thought girls had cooties. He said "If you haven't noticed mom, girls haven't had cooties for a while now, duh." WHAT?! I hadn't noticed and what the heck is he talking about? I must have looked startled cuz he said, "Don't worry, I'm not getting married tomorrow or anything, but most of my friends are girls you know." OH!....OK. Am I a typical mother or what. Gotta love that kid.

3 comments:

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Yeah, tell me about it. Noah started Jr. High this year. Crazyness!
So I should move to Deleware huh? We definitely want to come out to visit when I graduate. I want to do a little east coast tour. I've wanted to experience NYC for a while now. If I could get Noah to move w/ us I would serious consider a perm. move. :-)

Dena said...

Oh my that is crazy! He is such a sweetheart. And he was such a darling little boy! I hope everything is going good for you on the other side of the country!

lisa said...

Sooooooo cute! I adore him!

...physically and mentally!