Monday, December 17, 2007

Darrin's Mom

Many of you may have heard that Darrin's mom, Nelda, had a stroke on saturday the 15th. That was the initial diagnosis, however, after 3 days in the hospital, they are leaning toward something else. She has only one side effect, that they can tell, and that is that she cannot remember saturday at all. She is home now and we will see how things go. Darrin spent the 3 days staying with his dad who has late stage Parkinsons. It seems as though everything will be back to normal soon. Our weekend was so intensely emotional that we are all exhausted. Our family and Brooks and Janiel raked the leaves at Mom and Dad's and then I stayed and did Mom's hair. She was very emotional and not feeling well. She said she was crying because someone sympathyed (?) Later we got a frantic call from Darrin's sister asking if Darrin could drive to Miami to stay with his dad while his mom was in St. Joe's in Phoenix. This was while we were driving to our ward Christmas party. I was supposed to lead 2 choir numbers and direct the YW on the handbells. I'm afraid I was a bit of a mess for the first 10 minutes, but I recovered and made it through. Thanks for all the calls of concern for Nelda, it was very touching to have my family be so caring for my in-laws. 2008 has to be easier. Right?

1 comment:

Leah said...

WOW! I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now. I will be praying for Darrin's mom.

...physically and mentally!