Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Homemade Cheese!


Yep! I made my own mozzarella cheese this morning. I got the recipe from the book I read last week. It was SO easy. All of you can do it. You can get the ingredients from a health food store. It also works best on store bought milk so you don't have to go out and buy a cow. I did try it with raw milk from Matt's cow and it is good, but way more milky/buttery tasting. Not bad, just different. The pasteurized milk looks and tastes like the mozzarella you've been eating all your life. I also grew the cute little tomato in the pic. Call me "Digs With Fingernails" (you know, Dances with Wolves). I'm a nature girl. O.K. Not, but I can survive in the wild!


P.S. I will share the recipe for any that want to shun the supermarkets.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

umm, can we just start calling you wonder woman? You made your own cheese?! How cool are you! I'd like to test my super human powers in that resect if you don't mind sending the recipe! we'll see you guys soon!!!!

...physically and mentally!