Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Case of the Disappearing Dinner!

The Case of the Disappearing Dinner
by
Marcie Gordon
One night, I went to the refrigerator to take out the marinated chicken and put it on the grill. To my surprise, it was not there. Where had it gone? Earlier that day, I had defrosted it and placed it in a one gallon zip-lock bag with the sauce and put it on the bottom shelf of the fridge. YES! I am sure that I put it there. We all searched for a long time, inside the house and outCheck Spelling. NOWHERE! Did it grow legs and walk away? Did a hungry intruder swipe it while we weren't looking? Was Raun so hungry that he ate it raw? OR, am I delusional and never prepared the chicken in the first place? We may never know the answers to these questions. Perhaps it will appear, or rather make itself known by smelling bad after it rots. Until then, I will be driven crazy with not knowing. Tune in later (I hope) for the dramatic conclusion of.......The Case of the Disappearing Dinner.
Dun Dun Duuuhhhn!
or is it
Bok Bok Bok?

5 comments:

Emily Gordon said...

I think you are dilusional. :) I seriously did not see you defrosting any chicken....

Cindy Jo said...

you might check the freezer.Not speaking from experience or anything;0(read: I totally did this type of thing, only it was carrots, I knew that I'd put them back in the veggie drawer in the fridge, but it actually turned out to be the veggie drawer in the freezer.)

MyR said...

HAHAHAHA!

jeaniebug said...

oh that comment from MyR was me! haha

Ryan said...

My bet is that Raun was sleepwalking and ate it raw!

...physically and mentally!