Thursday, January 15, 2009

On my hands and knees....

I have been busy this week taking care of the pecans. It is a dirty job........ you know the rest. Dad didn't want to shake the trees but I couldn't let them just rot. Mom would not have liked that at all. Grandma C. certainly wouldn't stand for it. She has picked up some says she can't help. It is a good thing it was her idea. If I had told her not to, she would have been out there on her hands and knees with me. So dad had one rule. If you pick it up you take it home. I don't want all of these and I don't have any sugar sacks (haha) to store them in. I will crack them and leave them in dads freezer (not picked) and all of you who want some...come and get them. Maybe we should have a nut festival next year. Nona and her kids are going to help this weekend when they are out of school. They are very tastey this year. I love pecans! (but they are painful, my fingers hurt already)

4 comments:

Jill said...

I want some!!! Who is my local representative? Tell my mom to lay claim on some of those for me! Or I'll be there on the 30th to get them myself!

Leah said...

Pecans are sooooo much work. You are sweet to get out there and do it. I'm sure G carpenter would have thrown a fit if they would have stayed there....

Ryan said...

yummmm! so tell me, do you guys ship? J/K! They sure remind Ryan of his childhood though.

Lexa said...

Hey Marcie, I have to let you know, the Lovettes in Duncan do a pecan shelling business. Their son was born with Spina Bifida and it is his business now that he is older (26). I am glad I found your blog!

...physically and mentally!