Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Week

So, I have been busy this week. I put off stuff and then.......well you know. I stripped my table (the Trevor table) and painted the chairs...I think it looks good. The table will be a walnut color when I am done and will match my cabinets. We went to the beach one last time......it was pretty rough because of Hurricane Danny that came through on the weekend. The beach was quite eroded as well. This is the beach that Emily and Jeanie worked at.


We also cleaned out our storage unit, so my garage looks like this for a while. It was clean.I really didn't want all this stuff, but when it was time to leave, we just threw stuff into boxes and shoved them into the U-HAUL. Now I get to sort and stash, or sort and trash. I don't like it. If I didn't think there were some treasures in here somewhere, I would just throw it all out. Our school starts here on the 8th. Jesse got a letter from his new school today, it says.......


"On the first day of school, be prepared to begin our year-long Renaissance theme. Students will be ushered off the bus and over our drawbridge and into the 15th Century. Once inside the building, students will assemble in the gym after parading past staff members in Renaissance attire representing a Renaissance marketplace".

Pretty cool. He is excited. He didn't want to ride the bus, but he does now. I hope this school can help him to love learning instead of having it make him sick to his stomach.

5 comments:

Emily Gordon said...

I'm excited for that table! Also, what the Rennaissance!? Thats crazy...

Jordan said...

Wow, I was so happy to hear that Jesse is looking forward to school. Learning is fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Trevor table turns out. There are so many memories connected with it...

Way to soak up every bit of summer! We're doing the same here. School has started, but we're still trying to get out to the lake while it's warm enough.

SaraBerry said...

Hey Marcie, I love all your new adventures. It looks like you are loving where your at. How long have you been there? We are in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Scott resigned from seminary, and joined the military as a Chaplain, about 4 years ago. CRAZY, HUH? We have been here in GTMO since January. We should be heading back to Albuquerque in February, and then we don't know where to after that. Maybe we'll head to the east coast. We have a few bases there. Check out our blog at www.brillfamily-sarab.blogspot.com I am so glad to be back in touch with you! Tell Darren HI for us.

SaraBerry said...

I am at work, and a little bored, so I went back and read your blog. Talk about having a busy year! I am so sorry about your parents. I know that they are happy now, but it doesn't mean that you don't miss them. Your kids are gorgeous! I can't belive how grown up they are! I am excited that you are having great NEW adventures. I hope that the Winter is kind to you. Elijah has been saying for the last 3 months that he wants to live in New York City.(HA, HA) I told him we would visit someday. Can we stay with you? I actually have cousins in Maryland, but it would be fun to get together! I miss you! Take care and write me...Facebook, or brillsara@hotmail.com BYE!

Amanda said...

rennaissance school. cool.

...physically and mentally!