Thursday, September 27, 2007

JESSE



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE


My baby is turning 10 years old on Oct. 8th. ! WOW has time flown by. It was just yesterday that he was learning to walk. He got some reading glasses this week. Hopefully it will help him see better. He has been having vision therapy for a tracking problem (similar to lazy eye) he seems to be progressing better since we started. The therapy is very interesting. He reads with 3-D glasses and a transparent sheet with green and red lines on it. This helps him to concentrate and transition from one word to the next. He also does some hand exercizes that improve his writing and his spacial awareness. ie. he slaps his right hand and says right hand, and then taps his left foot and says left foot. This is while following a "map" of symbols that tell him which one to tap or slap. It isn't easy for me either. He is ever the sweet, loving, huggy, boy that we love. He brightens the world of many in our ward by his unrestrained, unconditional hugs. We are looking forward to his next 10 years.

WE LOVE YOU, JESSE!!!!!
Emily's knees after volleyball.
Her medals of honor.
OUCH!

3 comments:

Wolfingtons said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jesse! I can't believe he is 10. WOW! That is interesting therapy. I have never heard of the 3-d glasses or the green transparency sheets. It is amazing to me how little things can make a big difference. And Emily OUCH!!!!

Leah said...

Happy B-day to your little hugger Jesse! He is such a good boy and so sweet to my girls and to Hyrum...enjoy your day with him....poor em too!

lisa said...

I agree Jesse is a sweet, huggable guy. He hugs me every time he sees me. Love that kid! And poor Emilie. I remeber those days! I'm all for the cabin although I can't contribute right now.

...physically and mentally!