Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Missionaries


Thanks for commenting all of you! I noticed that it was all the new moms. I remember when I was one. I loved it, but, I am glad to be finished with it. Mother of teens is not easier, but it is less dependant. We are having the missionaries over each mon. to teach a young girl (22) in our neighborhood. She is a member, but hasn't been active for most of her life. She had an experience that left her seeking the spirit. A stranger at a grocery store walked up to her and handed her a 20 dollar bill and said that the Lord had told her to give it to her. Her husband had lost his job and they were spending their last bit of money on food. She hasn't stopped crying about it since. She didn't know whether the woman was LDS or not, but it made her remember the feeling she felt as a child in church. Cool huh. Makes you want to go hand out 20 dollar bills! I am on a cracker and cheese binge. I tend to OD on one type of food at a time. I guess that's better than all types. TTFN This is our "Sopranos" picture

4 comments:

Leah said...

That's neat! Your guys are so nice to host them. I can't believe Darrin has been the bishop that long.....and that picture cracks me up! We need to take a family picture before Dallin leaves!

Jill said...

Great pic

GREAT story!

lisa said...

I am so glad you have a blog. It is such a neat way to stay in touch with people and see into their lives. I love that story. It makes me want to live with the spirit so I can help others around me.

Wolfingtons said...

What a neat experience. Great picture!

...physically and mentally!