Friday, February 15, 2008

Bball Highlights and a Letter

Safford's Girl's basketball team surprised everyone by beating the #2 team by 1 point in the first round. (we were #15).

They beat Parker, the same school that put us out in Volleyball. They didn't survive the second round, but went out with a bang, and had some snow fun to boot. Flagstaff got about 8 inches of snow overnight and the girls had a big snowball fight right before
theirlast game.
Check out one of Emily's big plays.







In other news. Dallin is in his first area in Texas and sent a great letter. I will abridge for your sake, but the whole thing is awesome.





Hi family,


My mission is not bi-lingual. We don't teach the gringos, we only preach to the RAZA which comes from Raza Grande, meaning great roots. They take offense to "Mexicans". I'm so lucky I speak spanish. I knew I'd have a time getting used to it, but I was rad blessed. I talked to and gave a card to a woman on the plane. She was a Victoria's Secret corporate lady. She was going to Europe. I had NO idea what I was doing, but she took it. My prez is a BEAST. He is honestly huge, but magna nice. The food is o.k. I eat what they put on my plate. I HATE mashed potatoes, but I swallow. I love it here. Awesome companion. He's Elder Marchant. We seem about equals. My area?......where is the most psycho place in Texas?...... WACO! No joke, the David Karesh compound is like smoldering down the street. CRAZY! This might sound pridefull, we went tracting on Sunday, looking for a guy but he wasn't there. Then we saw a family bar-b-queing. My comp, who thinks I'm like a native, went off and played with the kids so, IN SPANISH, I taught a ten minute first vision. He was like, Why are there so many churches? and I was like, let me tell you about this guy, he was a prophet. So, to my surprise, he was excited, and I always am, so....Joseph Rocks, church is true. Love ya'll, I don't really say that. Elder G

3 comments:

Leah said...

Elder G...he is too cute! I love the letter and Em's score of the game is AWESOME! WTG EM! I even got dougie & my dad in here to show it to them!

Jill said...

I LOVE the way Dallin writes! It's like you are sitting face to face, listening to him talk!

Janiel said...

Wahoo for emily! congrats on making it soooooo far! i love that feeling.
i can just hear dallin saying this letter as if he is reading it aloud to me. i love that kid!

...physically and mentally!