Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good News!

Just thought I would share my conversation with dad this morning.
Me: Hello dad, how are you today?
Dad: I'm very good.

Did you catch that? I'M VERY GOOD!
This is a first since mom died. Every morning he either calls me or I call him and we go through the same scenario. But he always has said "terrible". Until this morning. Yipee! It is so hard to watch him grieve so deeply, but it certainly is understandable. Baby steps. Baby steps. I think maybe the weekend with Michael and Kim and the ZIPLINE was very helpful.. thanks guys.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wonderful!!!

Wolfingtons said...

What great news!

Cindy Jo said...

Yippee is right for your dad. and ok Ok saw Dallin's letter and now this, you have to tell us more about the zipline.

Amanda said...

excellent! thanks for the updates, marcie!

Emily Gordon said...

I want to ride on the zipline! Also, mom, on my blog, go to Elder Gordon which is under friends and read about his letter. Miss all!

lisa said...

I am so glad you talk to him every day! I wish I was nearer!

...physically and mentally!