Monday, September 1, 2008

The Sweet Life

In case some of you don't know. Darrin was released as Bishop last sunday. He hasn't quit grinning since. Ah, but the next day we took off for a 3 day conference in Tempe and stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms. It was great. Well, at least for me. Darrin was in meetings the whole time and I....well I just played. I layed by the pool and toodled around the shops on Milland walked all over ASU campus. I even got a copy of my transcripts to see just how close I am to graduating. I visited with Em and her roommates and toured the new ASU Institute. Emily was born while we were living on the Institute campus. Darrin was the maintenance/custodian/groundskeeper/dance bouncer. I was the office secretary and then the parking lot attendant until Dallin was born. The house is not there anymore, it was replaced by a parking structure. There was one teacher still there that remembered us. Bro. Bullock. He and Darrin used to play raquetball at a gym down the road. Neither of them had a membership, but they had a key for some reason. I didn't ask. Anyway, I came home rested and relaxed. I think Darrin did too, but as soon as we got home, he had to start his next Master's class. So much for the vacation.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

ooo lovely times in Tempe. I remember when you guys lived in that little house by the institute.

Emily Gordon said...

Mother, you are slacking! Remember when you would get mad when people didn't post anything for like a week? :) I guess there isn't much to blog about up there....

...physically and mentally!